8.01.2008

Ex-Olympian, 80, banned from running up escalator? Now we're talkin...

The other day. a 72 year old mother of a patient of mine asked if I worked with older people like her who may be too old to do yoga.  I chuckled, threw her a gigantic grin, and told her that the 'too old' excuse doesn't fly around me.  Yes, I am less than half of her age, but I just don't see how getting old can be an excuse for not dropping into your body or even a reason to accept having pain.

Today, on my way to work, I heard the most charming story about an 80 year old man running up an escalator backwards in a department store.  As the story goes, he wanted to prove that he could still do what was once a part of his training regimen for the Olympics.  Apparently he even frightened some women in the lingerie department.  The post is below.  You must read.


No comments: